Application Note: USB3 Vision Triggering Concept

This document describes triggering basics for Allied Vision USB3 Vision cameras, from best-practice rules to general examples.

Hello,
I would like to know the minimum time beetween two exposure in Exposure = triggerWidth?
I want to make a PIV system, and I want to make a laser light pulse at the end of the frame1 exposure, and at the beginning of the frame 2 exposure.
Could I start the 2nd exposure during the first readout active transfert in triggerWidth mode?
Thank you for your help

Hi,
in Exposure = triggerWidth exposure an readout may not overlap.
Please contact our support to check the camera model and further details:

Thanks
Norman

In addition to my previous post, tel me if I’m wrong please:
What I understand is that the exposure can occurs during previous readout only in “continuous” or “multiframe” acquisition.
If I’m right, what is the minimum time between a frame exposure’s end, and the next frame exposure’s start?
I use a Alvium 1800 U-511m
Am I understandable?

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your help.
So I have to choose another triggering mode.
Is there a trigger mode wich let the camera expose during the readout of the previous frame?
Thank by advance

Simon

Hi Simon,
Alvium 1800 U-511m allows an overlap of exposure and readout in ExposureMode = Times and AcquisitionMode = Continuous.
We didn’t measure the min. time between frames yet for the Alvium 1800 U-511m, assuming it in the range of Exposure Start Delay = 61 µs at max. DeviceLinkThroughputLimit = 450 MBps.
Thanks
Norman